In terms of electricity, we were starting from afar:
- Our electrical input was 100 amps (not 200);
- Being an old duplex, we had two Hydro-Quebec meters;
- We had 3 electrical panels which included first and second floor electricity;
- We still had a few old threads, some doomed through the walls.
For this beautiful month of August, we decided to do some cleaning in all this, knowing that a good job of electricity could be useful, even essential for the next works. Without forgetting that the inspector had mentioned to us that one of the panels also included a risk of fire…
We asked for some quotes. In the end, we did not choose the lowest bidder, but the one who inspired us with the most confidence and whose service seemed to me the most pleasant and courteous. We did business with a neighborhood cooperative: Courant Alternate .
So we changed the electrical entrance, removed one of the meters and concentrated everything in a single large electrical panel. The Alternate Current guys also told us which old, unused wires could be removed.
Here are the results of our electrical cleaning !